Stephen Turner is booked in to do a session on VS2005 Lang and IDE
Enhancement on the 21st April. I’ll post more soon but feel free to
sign up for this one.
Microsoft is hosting a free community event on 14 May. The pitch is
something like our ‘Open Mike’ nights The url to sign up with is
below. I know that MS is still looking for community speakers as
well as attendees. If you are interested in speaking on the day then mail me and I’ll put you in touch with the appropriate people at Microsoft. Feel free to grill me if you are interested in speaking, but a little unsure.
It should be a good chance to meet developers from outside the
London area too.
14 May 2005 09:30 – 14 May 2005 16:30 (GMT) GMT, London
Welcome Time: 09:00
Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Memphis
Microsoft Campus Thames Valley Park Reading Berkshire RG6 1WG
General Event Information
Recommended Audience: Developer.
For the first time ever in the UK, Microsoft is hosting a unique
event for Developers to learn, share and hear from other Developers –
NO Microsoft speakers will present. Held on a Saturday,
DeveloperDeveloperDeveloper is designed to be an informal day; the
agenda will be determined by the developer community. You will have
the opportunity to see new faces present in a relaxed atmosphere.
Activities will include presentations on a wide range of topics (see
suggestions below), a networking area and fun zone.
• Preparing for ASP.NET 2.0
• .NET Debugging Facilities
• Patterns of Data Access in .NET
• An Overview Of ClickOnce Deployment
• What’s New In Internationalization In .NET 2.0?
• Unit Testing Using Visual Studio 2005 Team Test
• Introduction To FxCop And Writing Custom Rules
• Refactoring Using Visual Studio 2005
• An Introduction to Test-Driven Development (TDD)
• Developing for the Compact Framework with C#
• Custom Attributes in .NET
• Useful Free .NET Tools
• SQL Server Finding and Resolving Performance Problems
All this is FREE and lunch and coffees will also be thrown in.
Sign up now to be guaranteed a place!